ProjExec 6.1 is here! It is a major upgrade to ProjExec 6.0, and includes a large number of fixes and enhancements, but the major changes relate to performance and resource management.
We have completed a major reengineering of some of the back end database design of ProjExec, which has resulted in performance increases of 2 to 10 times in the following system components:
- Project Wall
- Project Health Indicators
- Personal Views
- Resource Allocation Charts
- Gantt Chart Loading and Saving
- Project Portfolios
Resource Management Improvements include…
- You can now specify a resource pool in the Gantt resource editor on a project to allow inheritance of cost and resource calendars from the resource pool. This enables centralization of costs and resource calendar management.
- A resource pool drop down has been added to the Find Resource dialog, which enables the project manager to compare resource pool resource availability.
- New Site Calendar – allows for corporate holidays and other non-working days to be applied globally to all projects in a site.
and many more (check the release notes when posted)
Again, this is a MAJOR update to ProjExec, and we encourage all customers to upgrade soon. You won’t be disappointed!