ProjExec® is about People
Project management has always been about people. However, by combining the social networking paradigm with rigorous project management tools and practices, Social Project Management empowers people to engage in the project management process.
It takes a team of people to make projects work. For the majority, work means accomplishing tasks. Work does not mean sitting in meetings talking about tasks or spending valuable time creating status reports about tasks. If you’re not a project manager, odds are you don’t have time to add extra work to the volume of work you’re already doing.
Social Project Management for IBM Social Software
ProjExec® is the award winning Social Project Management solution for IBM social collaboration platforms and cloud. Awarded Best Social Business Solution by IBM in 2011, ProjExec® has a proven track record for making project experiences more social and more successful for IBM customers.
ProjExec® seamlessly integrates robust project management tools and functionality within IBM’s social software suite. This complete solution, powered by IBM – the recognized leader in enterprise social platforms – delivers a truly social project experience without sacrificing essential project management practices and rigor. ProjExec® is today’s most effective way to empower employees, lower costs and enable social style work in a business process context to deliver the true business value of Social Project Management.
- Project management for everyone – increase employee, partner, customer and stakeholder participation and engagement in the project; build important social relationships between project team members and project stakeholders to simplify and improve access to project expertise and knowledge
- Engaging user experience – experience Facebook-like ease of use for the project environment without sacrificing the robustness of enterprise project management solutions using the innovative Project Wall – an informal social forum for project teams
- Save time and money – significantly reduce project coordination and administration and lower project operational costs with a solution that packages the power of Microsoft Project Server and Microsoft SharePoint Server within a solution that is far more affordable and cost effective; run within existing enterprise architecture and IT environment
- Centralize and simplify – make all project communication readily accessible in real time or anytime across the social network with interactive micro-blogging for quick and easy updates that make status reporting intuitive and effortless
- Improve productivity – bring the social project experience to the place where people work today in the enterprise social collaboration environment fully integrated with email, calendars, mobile devices and the tools people already use to accomplish work
- Increase visibility – put project activities and related information within easy reach to enable organizations to KNOW what people DO and how successfully they are doing it
- Improve communication and customer satisfaction – enable important connections that are instrumental to project success, increase discovery and awareness, reduce lag time between tasks, enhance stakeholder feedback and interaction
ProjExec® is available in two editions, featuring a modular architecture and supported on a variety of platforms to meet the needs of any size and type of business.
- ProjExec Express – essential scheduling, tracking and project management tools and a project wall seamlessly integrated with your choice of IBM Connections or IBM Connections Cloud (formerly IBM SmartCloud for Social Business). Complete with socially-enabled visual drag and drop Gantt charts, cross-project/multiple project support with alerts, dashboard, portfolios and more. ProjExec Express ships in standard with five connectors.
- Email client connector with sidebars for Lotus Notes/iNotes and Microsoft Outlook
- Lotus Notes Calendar connector integrates project tasks within Notes Calendar
- Mobile connector for iPhone, Blackberry, Android, Nokia and Windows phone
- IBM Sametime connector for presence awareness and real-time project communications (on-premise only)
- ProjExec Enterprise – complete professional social project management and collaboration available on premise for multiple IBM and J2EE platforms. All the features of the Express edition plus five modules adding powerful project management functionality.
- Issue Management
- Change Management
- Time Management
- Configurable Reporting
- Financial Management
Enterprise modules can be purchased separately as add-ons to ProjExec Express. Both Express and enterprise editions are available for our two offerings.
* ProjExec for Connections requires IBM Connections 4.5 CR5+, 5.0 CR3+.
Social and Robust
The list of social project management features in ProjExec is everything you would expect in a robust, professional project life cycle management solution. ProjExec augments the project management discipline with social software, integrating powerful project management tools, processes and business processes with intuitive and easy to use social and collaborative features. Project management functionality is not compromised; it is enhanced with powerful social software that engages everyone in the project management process.
While ProjExec works with other planning tools (upload/download to publish and collaborate on plans from Microsoft Project, Primavera and more), all the advanced project management tools needed are self-contained in ProjExec. ProjExec is the only tool required for complete social project management. Learn more
Supported Operating Systems
ProjExec runs on the following operating systems (64-bit only):
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012
- RedHat and SUSE Linux
- IBM AIX on IBM Power
- IBM System i (iSeries)
When deploying ProjExec on IBM middleware platforms, ProjExec is strictly supported on IBM-supported operating systems and version levels.
Supported Database Middleware
ProjExec runs with any of the following relational databases:
- IBM DB2 9.7+
- IBM DB2 for iSeries R6.1+
- Oracle 11g+
- SQL Server 2008+